Me First! was written by two brothers, one who recently achieved the rank of Eagle Scout and the other who currently is working on his Eagle Scout project. As the boys were born and raised in West Virginia, images of Appalachia are evident throughout the story, along with symbols representing the principles of scouting. Me First! is an excellent gift for young girls and boys (ages 5 to 9) who are starting their own scouting journeys. Parents, teachers, church volunteers, and scout leaders will enjoy the included Search and Find” activity where children look for scouting images hidden in the beautiful illustrations. Within this colorful and humorous fable is a touching message about values, particularly the importance of serving others.
One of the best things about camping is sitting around the pit and creating delicious campfire food. Between the overall feel of the outdoors and the flavor elements of fire, wood and coal, the taste of campfire cooking is unparalleled, and can leave you craving those rustic flavors all year long. This is a great time to explore the wonderful and tasty options of campfire foil packet cooking. Foil packet cooking is a food preparation method that involves placing all of the ingredients inside a piece of aluminum foil that has been reconstructed into a sealed packet or envelope.
The benefits of foil packet cooking are many, and include:
• Less preparation and cleanup than ever before!
• An ability to bring new dishes to the campsite.
• Foil packet cooking allows for the unique melding of flavors that occurs when different food items and spices are prepared in close quarters—like in a foil packet!
• Foil packet cooking maintains the integrity of your ingredients, and gives you great options for breakfast, entrees, sides and even desserts.
With this book, learn everything there is to know about foil packet cooking including:
• the folding techniques,
• the cooking methods,
• the tips for successful foil packet preparation and cooking,
• how to prepare at home to enjoy your camping trip,
• food safety and cooking guidelines.
Inside find delicious recipes for every meals of the day including snacks and desserts:
• Breakfast foil packet recipes like the Orange Choco Nut Energy Muffins
• Beef foil packet recipes like the Hearty Foil Packet Pot Roast
• Pork foil packet recipes such as the Honey Mustard Chops with potatoes
• Chicken foil packet recipes including the Tex Mex Chicken Pockets
• Fish and seafood like the Fish Tacos with Roasted Corn Salsa
• Side dish and snack recipes like the Garlicky Cheese Bread or Rustic Whole Carrots
• Fabulous foil packet dessert recipes such as Gooey Banana Boat
Scroll back and grab your copy today>/h2>
Many fathers and sons crave a stronger connection with each other and with God. Unfortunately, most of the time, we’re not sure how. Friday Night Lights for Fathers and Sons provides an answer. Discover how to schedule a 10-Game Day season with your son. Each Game Day is designed to engage dads and their sons in conversation on topics ranging from faith and friends to prayer and purity.
Each Game Day includes:
· A Game Day Theme (character and integrity, work and money, service, and many more).
· God’s Key Play (Bible verse)
· A Scouting Report for dads
· Personalized Pre-and Post-Game Day Prayers
· A Pre-Game Planning Session for dads
· A Game Day activity for fathers and sons (laser tag, disc golf, and test-driving dream cars).
· Post-Game Day Analysis Questions and Press Conference
· Plus, many more father and son bonding experiences
Mark LaMaster’s purpose and passion is to help good dads become GREAT dads by providing intentional, biblically based activities to help them raise their sons to become godly young men. Mark is also the founder of Playoff Parenting, LLC, whose mission is to help transform well-intended, passive parents into active and intentional Playoff Parents who teach valuable, Christian-based lessons to their children.
”…had me laughing from beginning to end…”
“…loved the book – funny and engaging…”
“…read it, love it, recommend it…”
George Mahood had a nice, easy, comfortable life. He had a job, a house, a wife and kids. But something was missing. He was stuck in a routine of working, changing nappies and cleaning up cat sick. He felt like he was missing out on a lot of what the world had to offer.
He then discovered that it was Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. The day after that was National Curmudgeon Day, and the day after that was Inane Answering Machine Message Day. In fact, the calendar is FULL of these quirky, weird and wonderful events. He realised that somebody somewhere had created these holidays, believing that they were important enough to warrant their own official day. Surely he should therefore be more appreciative of their existence? So he decided to try and celebrate them all. As you do. He hoped that at the end of the challenge he would be transformed into a happier, more intelligent and more content person.
Follow George on his hilarious, life changing adventure as he tries to balance his normal life with a wealth of new experiences, people, facts and ridiculous situations. It’s a rip-roaring, life-affirming, roller-coaster of a ride, where every day is a holiday.